Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rapha Racing


I've been scoping out Rapha's products for a while now, and recently decided to check some out firsthand. I ordered a pair of their Bidons (water bottles) and was happy to see that they were offering free shipping from England! They arrived the other day in this fancy package.


Unfortunately, one good squeeze and part of one of the letters flaked off one of the bottles. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. So I e-mailed Rapha to let them know that one of the bottles was a little defective, and that I was concerned that my impression of the company had been tarnished. The next morning I received an automated FedEx e-mail stating that Rapha Racing had shipped a package to me. I picked the package up from FedEx this evening and found that they had shipped me one replacement bottle and a complimentary copy of the Rouleur 2008 calendar as well! I'm quite impressed, especially since they got it to me so quickly.

In the meantime I had ordered a pair of their bib shorts and crocheted gloves from Competitive Cyclist. They arrived today and my first impression is that they are of very high quality. I'll have to post a follow-up once I've had a chance to break them in, but I think I'm going to be very pleased with both items.

No comments: