Saturday, April 21, 2007

Casseroll in the oven

I picked up all the pieces parts to create the new bike. I started assembling it last night and resumed bright and early this morning. Things were going okay until I stripped the front derailleur clamp. I have to see if they have another one at the bike shop tomorrow. Failing that I'll have to order one. I was having a terrible time trying to set up and adjust the front derailleur. I guess I must have moved and retightened it one too many times. The only other problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to position the bars and the control levers. I think I have them pretty well sorted out but I want to check again in the daylight before I wrap the bar. I don't know why I'm stressing out about it. I guess the worst case scenario would be having to remove the tape, move the control levers and replace the bar tape. Even if I need new tape it's only $20. Anyhow, once I have things together I'll post a photo. I would have taken photos during the assembly but the resident digital camera is on vacation in Las Vegas (hope you're having fun out there Jenn).

No comments: